Frank Warren, the Gypsy King’s promoter in the UK, won a purse bid on Friday evening of £30million following months of arduous negotiations.
And now in an 80/20 split, the WBC champion – who defended his title against Deontay Wilder in October last year – is set to earn £23m from the bout.
Whyte meanwhile is set to rake in just more than £6m when he takes on Fury, with reports suggesting the fight could take place in April at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff.
This represents Whyte’s first attempt at a world title in his career, but Fury remains undefeated after backing up his performance in Fury v Wilder II with a stunning performance against the American in Nevada.
The news could now lead to Anthony Joshua scheduling a rematch against Oleksandr Usyk for the IBF, WBA and WBO titles, having lost those belts to the Ukrainian in September in north London.
Reacting to the news, Fury said: ‘I’m coming home baby. Get ready for the biggest British dust-up since Lennox Lewis vs Frank Bruno. History in the making.’
Previously, Fury has said: ‘I can’t wait to punch Whyte’s face in.
‘I’ll give him the best hiding he’s ever had. Whyte, train hard! Because you are getting annihilated.’
Whyte was named as the mandatory challenger to Fury’s WBC belt following Fury’s victory against Wilder at the T-Mobile Arena.
The deadline for an agreement behind closed doors between Fury and Whyte had been pushed back four times, but after one was not found on Friday, Warren’s purse bid won the day.