A British fortune-teller who makes predictions using asparagus spears has revealed her outlook for 2022 – with royal scandals and sporting success afoot.
Jemima Packington, 65, also known as “Mystic Veg”, claims she can see the future by tossing asparagus into the air and interpreting how they land.
Over the years Jemima has predicted Brexit, Harry and Meghan stepping down as senior royals, and Boris Johnson becoming the PM.
Although they’re top of the table at the end of 2021, Jemima doesn’t think Man City will clinch the Premier League title – with derby rivals Man Utd being a dark horse in the race.
As for the World Cup in Qatar at the end of next year, she’s tipped Croatia to lift the trophy.
Jemima doesn’t think Man City will clinch the Premier League
Jemima, from Bath, has been making predictions since she was eight years old – and says she inherited her gift from her elderly aunt who read tea leaves.
She said: “My technique has not changed and I still cast the asparagus spears and interpret the patterns in them.
“Seeing the patterns for me is instantaneous, possibly that is because I’ve had years of practice.
“I am usually about 75-90 per cent accurate with my predictions. I go through my predictions each year and think: ‘Yep, that’s happened, yep, that’s happened.’
“Occasionally I get one slightly off, where I haven’t quite read it correctly, but I’m never far off.”
Jemima added people laughed at her several years ago when she tipped Boris Johnson to be Prime Minister one day – but now she’s having the last laugh.
To make her predictions, Jemima uses fresh Worcestershire asparagus grown in the Vale of Evesham
She picks a handful of tips, tosses them into the air and “reads” the shapes they form when they land.
( Image: AFP via Getty Images)
Earlier in 2021, Jemima predicted Christmas celebrations in the UK would be modest once more – which turned out to be true when a surge of Omicron swept the nation.
In 2020, she also predicted royal births and a bereavement – which was again proved true when the Sussexes announced the birth of Lilibet and Prince Philip died.
“I’ve been told the predictions this year are among my most controversial but I only go on what the asparagus tells me,” she said, adding some feelings she gets are “stronger than others.”
In particular, she said she has a strong feeling Keir Starmer wouldn’t be in post as Leader of the Opposition by the end of 2022 – saying the asparagus snapped when she tossed it into the air.
also have a strong feeling about further royal turmoil. The asparagus formed a crown motif and that is how I know something is going to happen to the Royal Family,” she added.
In 2019 she correctly predicted cricket success for England, Big Brother returning to our screens and US romantic musical ‘A Star is Born’ winning an Oscar.
Other predictions of Jemima’s that came true were Andy Murray winning Wimbledon and the credit crunch.
Jemima’s 2022 predictions
- Boris Johnson will continue as Prime Minister despite controversies.
- Covid and all its variants will be with us forever but everyone will learn to adapt and not let it get the better of us.
- A brand new way of living will become the norm – working from home, etc but people will no longer accept shoddy services hiding behind the guise of the pandemic.
- Entertainment and sports venues will find ways to progress whilst keeping everyone safe.
- More sadness for the Royal Family; scandals and worse.
- We will be shocked at the news of the unexpected demise of showbiz legends.
- A review of the Nation’s Educational Standards will be carried out to make sure no child is left behind. More emphasis on vocational training will be introduced.
- A return to times when foreign travel was an exotic luxury will be experienced. It will no longer be a regular occurrence and travel prices will reflect this.
- The British economy will rally and it will become a beacon of achievement amongst those countries unable to get to grips with their own economies.
- Tense times will continue on the international front but conflicts will be avoided.
- Adaptability will become the by word in the leisure and service industries; they will embrace the change in peoples habits, and will survive stronger than ever.
- Sir Keir Starmer will not continue as leader of the Labour Party in a shock twist.
- Sadly climate change will continue and fewer countries will be active in its reversal.
- Re-Cycling and Up-Cycling will be the new fashion. there will be less waste of any sort. Barter will become a new trend.
- Agriculture will progress well, and Vale of Evesham asparagus will continue to be recognised as the world’s best.
- Croatia will win the Football World Cup 2022 but the competition will still be beset by controversy.
- Manchester City won’t win the Premiership but watch out for Manchester United.
- West Indies will be the surprise winners of the Cricket World Cup in Australia.
- England’s Womens Rugby team will have terrific success at their World Cup in New Zealand.
- The Oscar for Best Film will go to “ The Power Of The Dog” and Benedict Cumberbatch will be nominated for Best Actor.