Monday , July 13 2020
Home / News / Local News / Kidnappers that killed 3 victims after collecting N7.5m ransom arrested

Kidnappers that killed 3 victims after collecting N7.5m ransom arrested

Spread the love

The Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Frank Mba on Monday revealed the arrest of a gang of kidnappers that purportedly murdered three of their victims, after collecting N7.5 million ransom.

He made the disclosure in Abuja while parading 26 suspects arrested for kidnapping, armed robbery, unlawful possession of firearms and other sundry offences.

According to Mba, the kidnap syndicate had abducted one Dr Audu Benedict, his son, and a friend on their way to Abuja.

While in captivity, the suspects were said to have contacted the families of their victims, who subsequently paid a total of N7 million to secure the abductees’ release.

“Before the ransom was paid, the suspects had forced Benedict to raise a cheque of N500,000 which was successfully cashed,” the police said.

Mba, however, regretted that the syndicate went ahead to kill their victims, notwithstanding the payment of ransom.

He stated, “Among the suspects, we have a kidnap syndicate that specialises in terrorising people of the North Central zone.

“A ransom of N7 million was paid by the family of Dr Audu Benedict,

“While in captivity, the doctor also raised a cheque of N500,000, bringing the total to N7.5 million.

“After collecting the ransom, they went ahead to kill the doctor, son, and family friend.

He further disclosed that the gang also kidnapped one Veronica Aboyi, who was related to one of the suspects.

Two of the suspects – Gwar Henry, and Bello admitted to the crime.

The police said a total of six AK47 rifles, three pump-action rifles, and other weapons were recovered from the gang.

Meanwhile, the police said they rescued a total of six children “stolen sometime last year”.

About Charles Igbinidu

Charles Igbinidu is a Public Relations practitioner in Lagos, Nigeria

Check Also

If Osinbajo wants to go to court, he needs to resign first and sue me – Jackson Ude reacts to Vice President’s lawsuit threat

Spread the loveJackson Ude, a Former Director of Strategy and Communications under President Goodluck Jonathan …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *