A young man identified as Samuel Udoma, has suffered a tragic incident while watching the Manchester City versus Chelsea game at a bar in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state.
According to him, he received a distress call from his neighbors moments after the football match had ended as they informed him that his house was razed down by a heavy fire outbreak.
Read below what he shared on Facebook, narrating how it happened.
Yesterday, Sunday, March 4th will easily go down as one of my worst days on earth as my room and indeed my entire compound was leveled to ground zero.
I was at Calwino bar for the Man City vs Chelsea game. After the match ended, I decided to sit back and just savour the evening when I got a distress call from my compound at No 10b Afia Etoi Lane, Uyo.
I immediately rushed home and the sight I beheld left me numb and mentally paralyzed for some moments. A sea of concerned neighbors were attempting a Hollywood styled yet frantic rescue mission on my entire compound which has now been enveloped by a thicket of fire and heavy smokes.
I was speechless and totally lost as to whether for real that was my house burning. Immediately, my credentials flashed in my mind and I stealthily negotiated a maneuver to the side yard to see if I could enter my room and rescue one or two things, but that was to no avail as the fire had already taken hold of my room and things were bursting up and down. Now totally dejected, all I could do was to stand among the throng of sympathizers and stare with disbelief as my room went down to the powerful embers of the fire.