Tuesday , August 22 2017
Home / News / Local News / Two Unilag Students Die In Hotel Fire

Two Unilag Students Die In Hotel Fire

Two students of the University of Lagos have died in a midnight fire at a Lagos hotel. Roli Odogwu, a 200-Level Mass Communication student, and Linda Elegeonye, a 300-Level Law student, died of burns, days after they were trapped in the hotel room where they were guests.

Until their death, the two students were residents of Fagunwa Hall. It was gathered that the duo left the campus on Monday to attend an evening event off-campus. When it dawned on them that they could not return to the campus late in the night, they reportedly lodged in the hotel to pass the night.

The late Roli’s friend, who did not want to be named, said she spoke to her mother to inform her of her decision to pass the night in the hotel. It was gathered that the victims were asleep when the inferno started from a faulty air conditioner. .

It was learnt that the victims were trapped for several minutes before they were rescued from the room. They sustained first-degree burns. They were rushed to Gbagada General Hospital.

Last Saturday, Roli died at 4am and was buried at Atan Cemetery in Yaba. On Sunday, news broke that Linda, who had been in coma for six days, had also died

Comments

comments

About Malena Onoruvwe

Check Also

Reps Ask FG’s Intervention On Alleged Killing Of Five Nigerians In Ghana

Like Tweet +1 Pin Share WhatsAppThe House of Representatives Committee on Diaspora on Monday told …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *